Our in-house specialist orthodontist assesses and treats all ages requiring orthodontic care
Benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
• Improve tooth alignment and smile appearance
• Correct a “bad bite”, teeth that don’t for together correctly
• Close spaces between teeth and reduce tooth wear
• In preparation for restorative dental implants or bridges
• To help correct jaw size problems in conjunction with surgery
• Improved oral health as straight teeth are easier to keep clean and healthy
Orthodontic treatment can be successful at any age. Innovative techniques and appliances enable the Forest Lake Dental team to help you or your child achieve a beautiful straight smile.
The main difference between adult and children’s orthodontics is that teeth and facial growth is still occurring in children making them more responsive to treatment. Therefore depending on your personal circumstance, treatment can vary from 6 – 24 months. .
To ensure your treatment is progressing as planned, you will need to visit Forest Lake Dental around every 6 weeks. Depending on the position of your teeth, you may need to continue wearing your Invisalign® aligners for 9 – 15 months. Following your assessment appointment, our Orthodontist will be able to give you a more accurate treatment timeframe.
For teenagers who require orthodontic treatment, Invisalign® is a preferred alternative to metal braces. Following an assessment appointment, our Orthodontist can advise if Invisalign® is suitable for your child or can be used in conjunction with fixed braces.
To discover if Invisalign® is right for you, schedule a consultation appointment with the forest Lake Dental team.